President Obama’s Plans Trip to Israel: Hopefully It Can Break the Logjam
Great news today that the President is going to visit Israel along with several other stops in the Middle East. It appears that despite what many pundits have said, the President is willing to spend political capital in trying to create two states for two peoples, side-by-side.
“After two-and-a-half years of deadlock in the peace process, this trip is indeed welcome news. Thousands in the pro-Israel, pro-peace community have been working toward bold US leadership on a two-state solution, which is necessary for Israel’s security, democracy and Jewish character.”
Additionally, J Street said the following:
J Street has spent the past four years building support within the Jewish community for an American-led peace initiative. Polling shows an overwhelming majority of American Jews, like Americans as a whole, support a two-state solution under which an independent Palestine would be established alongside Israel. Majorities of both Israelis and Palestinians also support the two-state solution.
- Obama to visit Israel within weeks (timesofisrael.com)
- Obama announces visit to Israel (wcpo.com)
- THE RESET: Kerry may push new Mideast peace effort (newsobserver.com)
- Cut through the BS on #Obama re: #Ukraine @JamesTraub @ForeignPolicy foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/… 2 days ago
- #Ukraine: Is This How the War on Terror Ends? - Peter Beinart - The Atlantic theatlantic.com/international/… 2 days ago
- Not very hopeful... #Abbas: No recognition of #Israel as Jewish state shar.es/RWHQk 2 days ago
- Simple but eloquent: 5 Reasons You Should Talk to BDS Supporters – Forward Thinking jd.fo/b2dCX#.UxnhsC7… Read comments too... 2 days ago
- Jeffrey Goldberg Says He Interpreted Obama Comments on Israel as a ‘Veiled Threat’ algemeiner.com/?p=170853 3 days ago
- Excellent analysis on #Ukraine - One good way to respond to #Putin: Take the unexpected cushion shot in Syria ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2014/03/… 3 days ago