President Obama’s Plans Trip to Israel: Hopefully It Can Break the Logjam
Great news today that the President is going to visit Israel along with several other stops in the Middle East. It appears that despite what many pundits have said, the President is willing to spend political capital in trying to create two states for two peoples, side-by-side.
“After two-and-a-half years of deadlock in the peace process, this trip is indeed welcome news. Thousands in the pro-Israel, pro-peace community have been working toward bold US leadership on a two-state solution, which is necessary for Israel’s security, democracy and Jewish character.”
Additionally, J Street said the following:
J Street has spent the past four years building support within the Jewish community for an American-led peace initiative. Polling shows an overwhelming majority of American Jews, like Americans as a whole, support a two-state solution under which an independent Palestine would be established alongside Israel. Majorities of both Israelis and Palestinians also support the two-state solution.
- Obama to visit Israel within weeks (timesofisrael.com)
- Obama announces visit to Israel (wcpo.com)
- THE RESET: Kerry may push new Mideast peace effort (newsobserver.com)
- Even #Bubba is putting on the peace full court press: 'Bill Clinton Talks Two States in Jerusalem' tabletm.ag/14GFx5Q via @tabletmag 1 day ago
- #Israeli Rabbinate regulates a bit too far? 'For Bourekas, Shape Matters' tabletm.ag/16AArZ5 1 day ago
- #Kerry's Call Ignored jd.fo/tfxI#.Ub9f79ar… via @jdforward #twostates 1 day ago
- RT @ForeignAffairs: Mohsen Milani: If Rouhani wins, "we're going to see the continuation of the tension between the supreme leader and the … 3 days ago
- RT @Maxigy: Jack Straw, who met Rohani several times in nuclear talks, describes him as a "very experienced diplomat" and "tough but fair t… 3 days ago
- PA: 'Difficult' financial crisis hits $4.2 b. debt | JPost | Israel News jpost.com/Middle-East/PA… via @Jerusalem_Post 5 days ago