President Obama’s Plans Trip to Israel: Hopefully It Can Break the Logjam
Great news today that the President is going to visit Israel along with several other stops in the Middle East. It appears that despite what many pundits have said, the President is willing to spend political capital in trying to create two states for two peoples, side-by-side.
“After two-and-a-half years of deadlock in the peace process, this trip is indeed welcome news. Thousands in the pro-Israel, pro-peace community have been working toward bold US leadership on a two-state solution, which is necessary for Israel’s security, democracy and Jewish character.”
Additionally, J Street said the following:
J Street has spent the past four years building support within the Jewish community for an American-led peace initiative. Polling shows an overwhelming majority of American Jews, like Americans as a whole, support a two-state solution under which an independent Palestine would be established alongside Israel. Majorities of both Israelis and Palestinians also support the two-state solution.
- Obama to visit Israel within weeks (timesofisrael.com)
- Obama announces visit to Israel (wcpo.com)
- THE RESET: Kerry may push new Mideast peace effort (newsobserver.com)
- Thankfully-Let's give diplomacy a chance - Kerry, White House Beat Back New Iran Sanctions… For Now thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/12/… 1 day ago
- @AllMyChandler Thanks for telling me. I didn't note any hint of satire in the piece. Definitely too subtle 1 day ago
- @AllMyChandler You need to change your #Erdogan post. Your quotes relate to #Haaretz article on #Bibi not Erdogan 1 day ago
- Source of pride: #Israeli chemists to receive #Nobel prize in Stockholm - israelhayom.com/site/newslette… 1 day ago
- More #pricetag attacks 'Arabs out' spray-painted in Safed, cars' tires slashed - Israel News, Ynetnews ynetnews.com/articles/0,734… 1 day ago
- #Ukraine LIVE #EuroMajdan ustre.am/17xtx 1 day ago