President Obama’s Plans Trip to Israel: Hopefully It Can Break the Logjam
Great news today that the President is going to visit Israel along with several other stops in the Middle East. It appears that despite what many pundits have said, the President is willing to spend political capital in trying to create two states for two peoples, side-by-side.
“After two-and-a-half years of deadlock in the peace process, this trip is indeed welcome news. Thousands in the pro-Israel, pro-peace community have been working toward bold US leadership on a two-state solution, which is necessary for Israel’s security, democracy and Jewish character.”
Additionally, J Street said the following:
J Street has spent the past four years building support within the Jewish community for an American-led peace initiative. Polling shows an overwhelming majority of American Jews, like Americans as a whole, support a two-state solution under which an independent Palestine would be established alongside Israel. Majorities of both Israelis and Palestinians also support the two-state solution.
- Obama to visit Israel within weeks (timesofisrael.com)
- Obama announces visit to Israel (wcpo.com)
- THE RESET: Kerry may push new Mideast peace effort (newsobserver.com)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Today’s J Street Chicago Luncheon
- Former Mossad chief Meir Dagan speaks his mind to 25,000 at Tel Aviv rally
- Will #Bibi mention this in Congress? Khamenei agrees with Congress: No deal better than a bad deal http://t.co/P8yzZNXIAd via @AlMonitor
- Meetings Last Week with Members of the Knesset About the Current Situation in Israel and Operation Protective Edge
- Landed in Tel Aviv